Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 May 2006 20:28:31 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Anybody know about this cooling gadget?

The new Sharper Image catalog has a cooling gadget called an IceFlow Personal Air Conditioner for $129. They may have always had it, but I became aware of it when my wife pointed it out yesterday.

"A self-contained chamber of water freezes into a solid block of ice after an overnight charge. Turn on the three-speed fan and its cooling breeze blows across an ice-cold chilling plate for a distance of 18 or 24 inches (that could be interpreted several ways... is the path 18 to 24 inches long, or is that the distance you can fee the breeze?). There is no need to empty or refill the water chamber.

Uses 10 watts when cooling, 60 watts required overnight for freezing. 13 x 6 x 13 inches, 11 lbs. Runs on 110.

Item number S1357.

Claims to put out a stream of air "several degrees colder than the room." Several? I sure hope so for $129.

If anybody knows anything about this item, I'd like to hear it.

Jim