Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 May 2006 15:46:10 -0700
From:         Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cohline fuel line failure
Comments: To: Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

Ken, What is the "high pressure" that fuel line max can take. I know the pressure is about 36psi in the system, but the lines are made for higher, I think. In the auto store I had the choice of 50 or about 150 psi lines. I took the 50 for the right price but the other one was several times higher and having only 36 to deal with, I did not think I should go for the overkill one. Or maybe I should have had. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Wilford" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 1:54 PM Subject: Re: Cohline fuel line failure

I have never heard anyone on this list ever recommend the cloth covered hose (no matter who it is made by or where it is made) for the high pressure fuel injection application. I have never sold it for this application (in case you are wondering). We only sell German high pressure hose in our fuel line kits. It has the smooth rubber surface on the outside and reinforcing in the middle layer. It is usually either made by Continental or CRP in Germany. I would strongly recommend against using the NAPA fuel injection hose. I installed some on a customer's van several years ago and within a few weeks it became as hard as a twig. I went to remove it and it snapped because it was so hard.

Just FYI, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com http://www.eurovan.org http://www.vwcabrio.org Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242