Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 May 2006 10:51:27 -0700
From:         Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Vanagon Financies ...

I just looked over the financial state of the List and it looks to me that the job was done for no pay. Only the hardware and the unavoidable was paid for by our money. The time spent on the work was not at all for so many years. No Christmas presents or birthday gifts or anything. Only a lot of sincere than you. Which is nice but would not buy a nice dinner for the operator or pay for his coffee. I think, something has to be done. I know, it is valunteer position without pay, but they have some other expenses when they run around finding the right hardware, etc. And the time spent on this affair can be much at times. Not to mention of keeping the peace and dealing with abrasives, myself not excluded. Let me see what kind of proposals may come. I think, a fund should be set up for the private expenses of the operator. It will always be modest and pityful, I know. Who wants him to profit of it. How won't, knowing how generous we can be. We love free. Makes us feel like we are babies again. Just get stuff becouse someone loves us. And don't have to do anything to balance it. Great.

It is nice to know, that there is someone who will do it just for that love. Only we are not babies really. I was just thinking on this line. Any thoughts of yours? Or was this discussed before that I missed? Zoltan