Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Jun 2006 07:47:02 -0700
From:         John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Speedometer Questions
Comments: To: Craig Morton <rangermorton1972@yahoo.com>

Yup, that thin steel shell on the outside should float quite freely. Since the only thing exerting any force on it is the magnetic field from the spinning magnet, any little bit of drag will totally monkey-wrench the process. I bet pulling out that sensor and re-seating it a wee bit farther back will cure it. Time for than glue gun again!

-- John Bange '90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger"