Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:13:45 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Propane valve question
Comments: cc: mkc1@localnet.com

We laughed as we read your post. When our fridge nor stove would light last friday night we left town with an ice chest and the coleman stove. Saturday we stopped in Glennallen to have the tank filled though I knew that it should not be empty but figured it was the first step to determining the problem. After taking a full 3 gallons they disconnected the hose and sure enough propane was leaking out the side of the valve. So like you we sat there while the tank bled out, thankfully it was windy and we were able to open all the doors, windows, and pop the top, allowing us to open the stove burner valves expiditing the release of $10.00 worth of propane. I have since acquired the manual valve parts and will finish installing them tonight.

Mark in AK 87 Westy Syncro 86 7pass Syncro rolled but running - Parting out 90 Audi 200 Quattro Turbo -- For sale - anyone want a 5cyl turbo vanagon?? 93 Passat 4Motion Wagon

----- Original Message ----- From: Mary Creasy <mkc1@localnet.com> Date: Thursday, June 1, 2006 6:43 pm Subject: Re: Propane valve question To: Mark Tuovinen <mst@ak.net>