Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:27:01 -0400
From:         David Bohannan <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Motor Scooter hung off backside?
Comments: To: Mike Elliott <j.michael.elliott@gmail.com>

Oh I understand having our 34 foot motorhome (and other cars) in our Florida home driveway...it aint pretty, but until I can pay a tree service to move a beautiful 20 foot tall palm tree, its stuck out front...

Dave 85 Pace Arrow 85 GL Baby Bus 85 Goldy 97 Mercury Cougar 93 Ford conversion van

On 6/5/06, Mike Elliott <j.michael.elliott@gmail.com> wrote: > > On 6/4/2006 4:20 PM Robert Fisher wrote: > > I have the 8' trailer, and as for it being 'more than you want to deal > > with', it really isn't that 'much' to begin with. > Aw shucks, I see that when I wrote that an 8-foot trailer was more than > we want to deal with, I came across sounding like a total wuss. I used > to tow a pretty little 21' Airstream trailer with a little Ford Explorer > in an earlier life. This was before Explorers were inflated to today's > bulky Sta-Puft size. So maneuvering a dinky 8-footer doesn't bother me. > > Think is, whatever I use will need to be one-man stand-uppable and > one-man slide-sideways-able into the back yard through the gate in the > fence. Those of you who have never see the tiny lots our So. California > houses are built on won't understand when I say that we don't have the > room in the front yard, driveway, or street to store even an 8-foot > trailer without it looking like the Beverly Hillbillies moved into the > neighborhood. > -- > > Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott > 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus > 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") > KG6RCR >

-- Dave - KC9FYM http://fjazzbass.blogspot.com