Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Jun 2006 23:32:55 -0400
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: WEBMASTER: is the new IP blacklisted? - Vanagon List Status
Comments: To: shawn feller <feller@CARBONCOW.COM>

Hi Shawn,

You are right on target. Starting last week when we made the switch, I have been sending every blacklist service that I can find the IP addresses of the servers that keep the Vanagon list on the 'net.

What is interesting is that the IP address the list server has is stuck in a weird config....kinda between blacklisted and not.

For example, if you go to the njabl.org site, it indeed lists Gerry as on the "bad" list. But when I submit the request to have it removed, it responds that Gerry (71.126.148.6) is *NOT* on the blacklist. Talk about frustrating!!!

I'm still chasing down little ISP's that have outdated blacklists as well. I can only do this for a limited amount of time each day, so progress is slow and steady. But the good news is that the list of domains that are rejecting us is getting smaller!

Thanks for your input, TomC