Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:12:10 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: alfa romeo (friday friday friday)

I think the Spica mechanical injection went away in the 60's or 70's. It is a fascinating completely mechanical injection system that even compensated for altitude. The alfa engine in these is indeed a sturdy design from way back, but if it needs work, it may be hard and/or expensive to find a competent mechanic.

Edward

At 12:20 AM 6/10/2006, you wrote: > As long as it isn't rusty, you can't go wrong. These are very strong >cars; good brakes, big suspension components, a motor that was around for a >long time and has no real weaknesses. >Does it have the Spica mechanical injection Jeff or has it been retrofitted >with Webers? When properly set up the injection works very well, but a lot >of guys love the look of twin sidedrafts! >I have a friend in Vancouver who may still have some parts, not that you'll >need them with only 65,000 on the clock. >Does it come with a competent mechanic attached somewhere? There are still >quite a few Alfas out here, but I'd hate to try and get one tuned in >someplace like Ottawa. > >Seeya, Jake > >On 6/9/06, Jeff Palmer <jpalmer@mts.net> wrote: >> >>Evening ladies and gents, >> >>My good friend has suddenly fallen in love with a 1990 Alfa Romeo >>convertible (Spider I think is the model). 65,000 miles. I did a >>little googling but didn't come up with a whole lot of information. >>Does anybody have any experience, maintenance wise etc. with this >>model? I feel partly responsible as I dragged him over to see it so >>i don't want him to get in over his head. >> >>Thanks as always >>Jeff >> >>85 Westfalia GL (with great new springs from Busdepot) > > > >-- >Jake >1984 Vanagon GL >1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" >www.crescentbeachguitar.com