Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:13:45 -0400
From:         shawn feller <feller@CARBONCOW.COM>
Subject:      Suggestion for List

I've got Jim Arnott on the BCC on this email so it is going to the list manager. I wanted to go to other list members who may be able to help me with my need.

I have a really hard time filter 100% of the time my vanagon.com items in my INBOX. It seems to me it would be great if the subject contained an identifier in it like the Yahoo! Groups items do, for example:

Eurovan list subject: [ev_update] Warning chime!!!! and DRL's Syncro list subject: [Syncro] Plastic front fender lip - How to remove?

I know the functionally of this list hasn't changed in 30 years but maybe with new blood in the front office we can consider something new!

Yes I know about gmail. Yes I know how to run filters. I (and I'm sure many others) would love to get messages consistently into the same folder. With vanagon.com if you don't REPLY ALL you usually start a PM conversation. Sometimes for a reason and some times by accident. Either way those messages don't get filter properly if you are using a domain based filter.

Someone got an idea I don't know about as I have absolutely NO problem filtering the other 5 Vw lists I belong too!

Shawn Ohio

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Arnott [mailto:] Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 12:04 AM To: shawn feller Subject: Re: WEBMASTER: is the new IP blacklisted?

Hi Shawn,

Tom doesn't seem to have all the bugs out of gerry forwarding the subscription requests to me yet. I can only wait until they start showing up. Once they arrive, I'll get them approved. (Yes, it's a manual process...)

At this point, it's a list admin position. I have a few changes that I'd like to implement, including updating the website but until the gerry admin permissions are straightened out, my hands are tied.

Jim

On Jun 5, 2006, at 6:24 AM, shawn feller wrote:

> I did note that I tried to register via gmail last week and am yet > to be approved. > > Is the manual registration process on hold during the switch over? > Lastly since there is a new webmaster should we expect new content > on the > Vanagon.com website or is this just a moderator position? > > Shawn > Ohio

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.2/356 - Release Date: 6/5/2006