Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Jun 2006 20:35:48 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Counterfeit Meyle Part?
Comments: To: karen d <yosemite333@hotmail.com>

I doubt it is counterfeit....

Meyle Hqs is located in Germany and their stampings on items they make (or contract out to make) will usually say "Meyle Germany". Up until a couple of years ago, over 90% of their products were indeed being made in Germany. However, much of their production has shifted to other countries and as a result a lot of their tooling will still say "Meyle Germany". In every case that I have received parts in from Europe with the "Meyle Germany" on them many of them made outside of Germany will have an additional label indicating where it's made if not made in Germany. At least Meyle is properly identifying where their parts are being made and I have not had a quality issue as of yet.

Many German companies have gone truly "global" in their manufacturing in the past several years. I'm still getting ATE Brake Rotors and Drums in the original blue boxes that still say "Germany" on them, but ATE has gone the extra step in identifying their products with an additional sticker showing them being made in Italy (ATE shifted their production there in the past couple of years).

A lot of people swear by Lobro for their CV Joints. But Lobro has shifted over 90% of their production to China in the past two years as well.

In regards to the sensor, I believe they're still being made for Meyle in Germany at the present time. I have one of their sensors in my expansion tank with no problems. Much of (but not all) Meyle electrical items appear to be still made in Germany, but this will change over time as they continue to "outsource" their manufacturing facilities. -- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com ********************************** On 6/9/06, karen d <yosemite333@hotmail.com> wrote: > > I just ordered an expansion tank, should be Meyle part 025 121 403A. > Engraved in the plastic says Meyle Germany but part on bottle says 100 121 > 00, can't read the last 2 numbers as plastic is rough but I think is's 35. > Then there is a paper sticker on bottom that says made in Italy. Can > anyone > shed light on this????? Did I get a fake part? I also bought a > coolant > sensor and it's Meyle in a sealed plastic bag that says Meyle Germany and > looks real. > > Thanks