Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:37:48 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fiamma Awnings Parts Support
Comments: To: Wet Westies <Wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          vwvan <VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com>,
          vwcc@yahoogroups.com, Vanagon-Westfalia@yahoogroups.com

Beware that if you break your Fiamma awning support for parts is difficult. First, let me say I am still pleased with my Fiamma f45i 9'10" awning. But two weeks ago I left it fully extended overnight and the rain got it, broke a part in the framework. Well, this should be easy. Fiamma has detailed drawings with part numbers for all their products on their website. But no phone number to order the parts. But an email address. Sent the email, with the part number, and asked how to order from them. Nearly a week went by, no response. Then an email saying they wouldn't sell a part for their product. I had to order "From any RV dealer or from Leisure Time RV in Florida" and provided an 800 number for Leisure Time. What, you don't support your own products, you won't deal with your own customers I asked. No, only through RV dealers they responded. So I called Leisure time and placed the order. After taking all the info including credit card info I was told "I'll check on the availability and price and call you back". Three days later, no call, so I called again. I was told that Parts was busy with a customer but will call you as soon as he is through. Two plus hours later no call so I called again and asked for the parts department manager. I was told she was not here today so I asked for her manager. After seven minutes on hold I was told she was in a meeting but would call back. I said I'd hold, they seemed to have problems returning calls. Eventually a voice answered and said she was the Parts Department manager (I though she was not there today?). Turned out she was already aware of my problem. She said the part had been ordered and would be shipped from Fiamma. But she didn't know the price, would find out and call me back. I pinned her down on how soon could I expect the call, she said within the hour. Ten minutes later she did call back, the price of the part was $9.63 plus shipping. And they would call again when they got the invoice and knew what the shipping and tax would be. Now I wait to see how long it takes Fiamma to ship the part, will report when it arrives. So be warned. The Fiamma awnings are great, but don't break them!