Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:23:07 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      1982 Vanagon Westy for Sale, $6,000CDN Certified.
Comments: To: Type2 <type2@type2.com>
Comments: cc: bus list <ohiovalleytribe@yahoogroups.com>

Location: Toronto, Ontario.

This vanagon has been in my family since 1997. My parents owned from then through spring 2005, selling it to the brother of my wife's friend last June in order to trade up to a 1985 auto westy. The new owners took it to the Yukon for a 4-month expedition, and have asked my help to find it a new home this year as they have just acquired a new house. It shows some wear and tear from its 195,000 miles, but is in good repair and ready to travel anywhere.

It's originally from California, and has not been winter driven. It has been carefully attended to, and has many helpful upgrades like the 1972-74 exhaust install, a 6-speaker stereo, and rear shoulder belts with child seat anchor points. The air-cooled 2L fuel-injected engine was rebuilt at 95,000 miles and has had both cylinder heads replaced within the last 50,000 miles. It starts easily in all weather, it makes good heat. There's also a CB radio, cup holders, a custom dash console and there are brackets on the roof to support a yakima gutter-mounted roof rack. It has a 4-speed standard transmission.

Potential American buyers will note that the speedometer is in miles, so importing the vehicle into the US will be no problem.

The factory camping equipment is in good repair. It still has the original one-window canvas with no tears. Up top there's also a dealer installed webasto runroof to let extra light and air into the vehicle. The tires are Kumho 185R14 in the correct load rating. They are well-worn, but there is sufficient tread to pass safety inspection easily. The alternator is less than a year old, and the fuel tank was replaced 2 years ago. It's a good solid everyday driver looking for the right new family to go camping with.

There are pics here: http://www.pottsfamily.ca/82VanagonWesty

For more info or to book a viewing call Greg at (416) 724-8808 between 6-10PM EST or email greg@pottsfamily.ca

I'm giving the lists first crack at this. If not sold beforehand it will be shown at the June Jitterbug car show in Niagara Falls next weekend. If it's still unsold after that I'll place it on TheSamba.com.

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com