Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:29:58 -0400
From:         Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: High noon at the Maryland emissions station

roger: just go to the station, get the failure and have another 3 months to figure things out ;)

On 6/15/06, roger sisler <rogersisler2000@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'd like to get this engine problem fixed by sundown, July 2, so I can swagger over to the testing station. I doubt I have any chance at all of showing down the long arm of the law ,then,anyway.. > This cronic, slight surging idle started when I removed my head gaskets and replaced them with silly puddy(rtv). Cant time the engine and get the idle below 1000rpm, without bad cold operation (stalling)I had to remove all that engine stuff, to do it(head gaskets still fine). Dont think it is a vaccum leak. I got a clamp on EVERY possiable connection.The stock in "hose clame international" went up when I bought them all. > > I changed the throttle assembely at this time too. From the late 85 , to a 84 throttle ,with two throttle switches. I understand that this throttle has a slightly smaller throat than the late 85(to 91) throttle. I can see this difference by looking at them side by side. If you got to know, I did this because I was burning out switches too often. The early throttle has easily accessabvle switches that are a dime a dozen.If you got to know, I was burning out switches because , when I reinstalled the engine stuff, from the head gasket replacement episode, I mixed up the throttle switch and air regulator connectors. The throttle switch was getting about 13 V instead of 1.5, v or something like that. > > Enough! What is wrong? I swapped ECU and all that stuff, without change. Should a water temp 2 fix it? I get stall out when cold,need to repededly restart the van , first thing in e morning,. I cannot get a idle at less that 1000 rpms with the correct timing and no unburnt gas smell when idleing. > > Man , if I had a diesel,I would be only 5 miles from heaven with arrival in abut 8 minutes. A diesel only needs 3 wires to startOne to run. No vaccum hoses.I like simple things,like that. Like an hour glass,a bic pen,a stack of pancakes. > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com >