Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:54:45 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Unusual Vanagon sighting

Last week I saw a very interesting and unusual Vanagon. My SO and I were headed to Home Depot and she said "look a Doka", pointing to a VW coming at us in a left turn lane. I looked and said, "hmm, not exactly a Doka, what is it? It turned left onto the same street we were turning right on and I hoped it was headed to HD as well so I could get a close look. Alas, it kept going and got on the freeway. It was bright yellow and appeared to be a single cab. Clearly it was made from a Vanagon, with upper air scoops at the top rear of the cab. From what I could see, a very professional job. I had considered doing something similar myself, since I am a madman when it comes to Vanagons. It looked like a standard vanagon with the entire rear hatch area cut off and moved forward to just behind the front seats. It had a full flat truck bed level with the engine lid with storage doors under the deck on the sides.

Mark Oceanside, Calif