Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:46:12 -0400
From:         Henry Luhrs <Henry.Luhrs@BRUKER-BIOSPIN.COM>
Subject:      Re: ? for our mechanical wizards
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

Hi John, Well, 2.1 Liters is 0.0742 cu/ft. At 5000 RPM you would draw that volume 2,500 times a minute, so that would make about 185 cu. ft./minute. Each cylinder would be a quarter of that (about 46 cu. ft./min). Improved vaporization of fuel is what fuel injection does. Direct injection does it a bit better, but those are pretty recent. I would guess that putting in new injectors might help a little bit, but not more than 5 - 10% unless your injectors are really bad.

Henry