Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:49:53 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Here a Real DEAL....
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

He is high on the price. Even "IF" the rest of the van is in great shape and all you need to repair or install is what he has identified it will still need a paint job to bring it to presentable condition.

It is too bad he does not live in Alaska as I have a good used engine, axles, skid plates, and underseat cabinet in my rolled but running parts van. At his asking price IF everything else was good I could have a second Westy Syncro with enough money left over to paint it and be under the $16,000.00 target, even if it had other problems, transmission, front diff, or ????, I'd still be ok other then my labor. Of course I'd offer somewhat less as it's true condition is unknown and suspect until it is up and running, maybe $7-8,000.00 would be fair in it's current state. If I was really bored I could pull the 5 cylinder turbo from my Audi Quattro and drop it in the van, I want to get rid of the Audi anyway.

Mark in AK 87 Westy Syncro 86 Syncro rolled but running

----- Original Message ----- From: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM> Date: Friday, June 23, 2006 1:29 pm Subject: Re: Here a Real DEAL.... To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM