Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:10:09 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Loaf Westy on ebay w/36K for $11K and rising: List bias
              observation

The comment was, and is, that if a car becomes a classic car, which I think any van manufactured by VW will, even the Eurovan (though at the low end of the scale) the more original they are kept the more valuable they will eventually become. What some moron with way too much money wants to do about that situation is the business of that moron. There isn't a love-meter on ebay, just a money counter, though good things and good cars alike come to people who love them. Ask me how I know!

Right now, an old acquaintance is considering giving me his 64 splittie to fix up because he's seen what a good home my Vanagons have. And the diesel Westy I'm driving came to me when the PO died and his family knew how much I loved my 90 Carat. Love does count for something, just not with everyone, and not with wealthy collectors able to drive up the price of everything and anything and certainly not at auction.

Anyway, your extrapolation off my topic was very well done, David, and no offense is taken. I'm glad to serve as an ad hoc symbol of anything if it helps gel your thoughts! : ) You've made me hungry for cake. And wine!

Best,

Jim