Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:34:21 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: carpeting advise

Get your new carpets, but do know that the front carpet will come right out. No glue ,only 2 buttons. It is a formed carpet, and may seem like it is attached somewhere, It really isnt.

Once out, I used ammonia and detergent for cloths,to clean it(Tide). I used a scrub brush and went to town on it.It clean up real nice.Rinsed with a garden hose.Once dryed,in the sun,I reinstalled it and felt like a million bucks. Well, at least I still had lunch money in my pocket.

I got a piece of carpet runner from home depot. It is black and has a few lines,about 1/2 inch wide.Durable it is. I cut out some foor mats and a center mat that has a hole for the stick shift. Kinda like Go Westy carpet mats, but the stick shift is a acutal hole, and not just a cut out area. Yesk, I stole the design,mostly. Once I cut the basic shape,I got a 1 pound can of canned fruit, and used it for a pattern to cut around the edges so they were curved and not right angles. I placed it near the edge and cut around with a utility knife.Sharp, and needs velcro on the bottoms now to be complete.When I get crumbs on the floor(amazingly often) ,I just pick up the mat and sweep it off with the wisk broom that I keep in the door pouch.Usually while the gas tank is being filled.