Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:45:17 +0900
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: ONLy two guys for I-90 help

Zoltan -

When in South Dakota, look for the wonderful sculpture of a skeleton walking a dinosaur that's right on I-90, near a town called Murdo. Picture here: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/getAttraction.php3?tip_AttractionNo==761 5

I did just what the guy who posted that picture did - doubled back to get another look and take photos. I also eventually emailed the Murdo Chamber of Commerce to ask about it. Apparently it was made by a local resident - I think by the man who owns the land it stands on. He's now very old, in his 90s I think. But the Murdo Chamber of Commerce said if I was in the area again he'd be delighted if I came to talk to him about it.

It's _really_ cool. It's on the north side of I-90, just east of some big tourist thing - possible a reconstructed old town, or a museum of old cars, I can't remember. There are a lot of signs about the tourist thing, so when you see them, look for the skeleton and the dinosaur. Oh, and it's life sized or possibly bigger.

Have a great trip!

Joy

**************************************************************** Joy Hecht and Matilda, 1989 Burgundy Vanagon

For musings about life and the vanadventures: http://www.joyhecht.net

:::-----Original Message----- :::From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] On Behalf :::Of Zoltan :::Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:01 AM :::To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM :::Subject: ONLy two guys for I-90 help ::: :::There must be a lot more guys living near I-90. It's about 3000 miles :::long with some of the biggest cities on it. :::But I got a web site that is helpful, and it has a lot of info on many :::Vanagon guys. I just hope, when I call one he is still there. The site :::is not new and some of the people has moved I'm sure. :::Well, I will do the trip tomorrow. It's a real long drive with a van I :::don't know personally. :::It is thrill seeking on my part, the adventure I miss every now and then. :::Cheers, Zoltan