Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:37:31 -0400
From:         robert shawn feller <carboncow@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      buying cooling fan thermo-switch, which one do you recommend?

I live in Ohio so hot summers and average winters and am replacing my radiator this week. Going to do the fan switch since they are only $11.00. Bentley says my current switch should kick on at 89-94C and the 2nd stage should be at 95-100C. Currently I only ever get the first stage even when driving in Florida this spring. 2nd stage does work but never kicks on.

Anyways BD sells a low temp and a somewhat normal temp fan switch. Does anyone have a pro/con to the low temp switch at 75-70/82-77c vs their 85-74/93-82c, the later being closer to stock. Even their high tem pswitch is 3-5c below Bentley

-- shawn feller, ohio 1986 vw vanagon gl westfalia 1993 vw eurovan gl plus a couple of saabs, boats, jet skis, dog and wife (all require to much maintenance, accept the dog)...

www.carboncow.com www.carboncow.net