Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:32:59 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: R12 or R134 - How to distinguish?
Comments: To: James V <tornadored@GMAIL.COM>

Instead of filling the system, you need to consider finding the leak and having it repaired. The whole idea of restriciting R12 and taxing all refrigerants was to stop folks from simply adding refrigerant to leaky systems. It is hard to believe that someone would remove a retrofit fitting instead of purchasing another one. I would say that either way the system or at least the oil is cross contaminated. Try adding the R-134A but you should find the leaks as that will soon be highly taxed also. It is not normal to have to top up the system.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: James V <tornadored@GMAIL.COM> Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:12 am Subject: R12 or R134 - How to distinguish?