Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:25:00 -0700
From:         Mark C <obeechi@RUNBOX.COM>
Subject:      sprung canyon at cleft mountain: the allurious white syncro
              misting floats by while I gaze and walk

I was looking at a white syncro parked on the street with rhein wheels, black carat style bumpers, and 215 75 15 tires . . . it was just so nice looking the way it sits higher and the wheels and tires under this towering ship of sheet metal . . . really beautiful . . . made me think that my carat now with rheins and wr tires

(Diversion: finally I have good tires . . but I still wish I had gotten 215 65 15 over the 205 65 15 . . . the 215 65 15 WR (nokian) has got to be the best tire in the world for the vanagon . . . [though I'm not sure what tire pressure I should use - have all at 40lbs right now] . . . - - - given that it can take on you from high desert speeds in death valley all the way to colorado blizzards without snow chains. . . and the offering of a 215 15 65 is the icing on the cake . . )

Now back to our story,

made me think that my now rheined carat wr'd might actually look better with springs that are a bit higher . . . I know volkscafe sells springs that they say are a bit higher than stock . . . but I don't know if they mean stock carat or stock pre-carat . . . would definately help clearance issues when with spoilers and solid dual tube bumpers . . .

any carat owners move to slightly higher views ?