Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:38:28 +0000
From:         Dave Vickery <davevickery@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      It’s Official:  1st Annual Rocky Mtn Syncro Fest (was SDM Central)

It’s Official: 1st Annual Rocky Mtn Syncro Fest

When: August 3rd-Aug 6th, 2006 Where: Hartman Rocks, Gunnison Colorado Who: Syncro owners from all around

Paste web address for general information about the area and directions:

http://www.co.blm.gov/gra/gra-hartman.htm

Hartman Rocks is located on BLM land 3 miles from downtown Gunnison. It is a popular mountain biking location among the awesome rock formations and it has miles of jeep trails, great spots for a group camping, moderate 4 wheeling, long hill climbs, and plenty of other fun things to do in the area if you have the time; fishing (Gunnison River or Blue Mesa Reservoir), kayaking, hiking, mtn biking, checking out Crested Butte, the National Park, and scenic roads into the mountains.

This is a loosely organized get-together, just a handful of Colorado folks who thought this was long overdue. There is no set itinerary. Just a great place to meet up and enjoy other Syncro folks for a weekend of camping and exploring.

What to expect, where to meet, etc: The directions, in the link above, will get you there. There are full services and groceries in Gunnison just 3 miles away. There is a restroom at the base parking lot. There aren’t a lot of people who camp in Hartman but there may be some jeeps, motorcycles and mtn bikers around during the day. It’s on BLM land so there are few if any restrictions.

If you get there early, look for another Syncro and find a good camp. If you get there Friday or Saturday we can meet up at the parking lot at 6:00 on Friday or Saturday night and head up to wherever everyone is camped if you haven’t already found us.

If you have questions, or suggestions just email me. I lived there (happily in my van) for 3 months while working in Gunnison one summer--so I know the area pretty well.

If you’re not from here, it’s a good excuse to visit Colorado. If you are, a good chance to get out and meet some other local syncro folks.

Fun Happens, Dave 1st Annual RMSF

PS if I forgot anything important, just let me know. And sorry for the cross post if you're on more than one list.

PPS. If you plan to come, please shoot me an email so we can have a rough of idea of what to expect. Thanks