Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:37:17 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: air conditioning

This'll get you started: http://www.gti16v.com/tb879503.htm

If you know or can find the capacity of the Suburu compressor you should be able to get into the ball park from there. If you're going to these lengths I'd suggest doing it according to Hoyle, which means a proper flush, the proper dryer, new o-rings, etc. IIRC there's a retrofit expansion valve for the vanagon for R134a- some people seem to have gone without it, but if you can do it, why not? I guess I don't understand why you'd have hoses made that required splices... however I have no experience with those so I'll leave that one be.

Good luck, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Warren Lail" <wlail@OU.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:21 PM Subject: air conditioning