Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:47:15 -0400
From:         Matt Sutton <msutts@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 88 digifant O2 readings off
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Thanks David!

Super helpful, as your posts always seem to be. As far as marking the AFM position before fiddling...... well my shame is no longer secret. I know it's a no-no; my only justification was that with the target open loop O2 sensor voltage being .5 volts, it seemed that the high reading indicated a wrong setting, and not worth noting. Not much of an excuse, really.

It is back where it started now, more or less. Between the idle adjustment and the AFM, it seems like there's only a small window where the idle sounds right, smells right, etc, in open loop mode. I guess I'm still concerned about the high o2 reading because of the (lucky)correspondence between that voltage number and CO output. Seems like I'm pushing it as far as passing emissions goes.

I was reading Dennis Haynes' article on the Type 2 site, and he puts high CO readings on the doorstep of mixture issues or timing. The timing on mine is "unknown" at this point, as my timing light got stolen a little while back, so I'll check that over the weekend I guess.

Thanks again,

Matt