Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jul 2006 20:32:53 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Power mirror theft attempts in San Francisco area
Comments: To: "syncro@yahoogroups.com" <syncro@yahoogroups.com>

Hi Gang,

Keep an eye out for some lowlife trying to steal power mirrors from Vanagons. I had my Doka parked in South San Francisco over the weekend. The lower plastic covers for the mirrors have been removed. It appears they were in the process of removing the mirrors as they had one of them pushed against the body already. I don't know what stopped them. Maybe a nosy neighbor. Something similar happened to my friend's van as well in a nearby town. They got his power mirrors. They just cut the wires.

I hope this is not some Vanagon guy though that is a distinct possibility. It could be just some thief who is peddling this stuff on Ebay or some other online service which caters to Vanagon owners. If you are the thief and happens to be reading this, we are watching for you now.

-- BenT