Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jul 2006 21:30:44 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mechanic had to pull transmission again, what would you do?
Comments: To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>

If the release bearing was not attached properly, it most likely would have failed instantly. Only those clips keep it in place. More likely, the used bearing appeared OK and "felt" ok but it was old with old grease in it. Due the hydraulic cylinder, the release bearing is under some pressure all the time so it is always spinning with the engine. At some point it seized and then quickly got yanked out of those clips.

Dennis