Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:30:31 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Pump Noise - now fuel tank also

Curt,

I read a story of a few years ago a guy bought a car but the pump made noise and the car would stall.

He took it into the shop. The mechanic traced it to the tank.

He removed the pump(internal) , and the tank was full of cash. $100,000 in cash.

The buyer had bought this car at an auction, it just so happened to be a theft recovery and a Police consignment.

The mechanic called the Police, they confiscated the money, the owner sued.

The judge gave all the money to the car buyer. The Police dept checks gas tanks now.

You never know what's floating around in there. I saved all the debri in a baggie that stranded me once. I have heard of shop rags in tanks. The tanks are hard to clean out and if rusty, forget it.

Buy a new tank, a crossover vent tube, and use longer vent hoses so that you can atach all while the tank sits on the floor.

Robert

1982 Westfalia