Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:47:22 EDT
From:         "John C." <Trvlr2001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for S42 Cooling Fan Fuse ???
Comments: To: drillock@earthlink.net

In a message dated 7/10/2006 4:38:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, drillock@earthlink.net writes:

The 3rd stage fan relay and it's fuse are hidden from view up inside the dash. It is not identified on the numbered fuse/relay diagram because it is not part of the panel.

It is mounted way above and to the left of the panel. The relay has it's own harness and it's relay socket is screwed down to sheet metal. The fuse is on the lower edge of the relay socket and does not look like a normal fuse. It is just a strip of metal held down by a small screw at each end.

The relay is not easy to see. The best look at it would be through the vent holes at the left end of the dash, with the vents removed.

I have an entire dash removed right now from a model with that relay so I could try to take a photo if you are interested.

Mark

John C. wrote:

>Hi All. >I'm looking for the physical location for the Cooling Fan Fuse. >Sez it comes off of the Radiator Cooling Fan Relay 3rd Stage? >A/C Fan just kicked off !!!! >What is the Relay Number? >This is a 90. >Any Help Greatly Appreciated !!! > >Best, >John C... >SLC, UT... > > > >

Thanks Mark !! Well the A/C on this bus was wired directly to the battery (w/fuse, 20 amp) And, I did see the relays you were talking about. I had the glove box, the center panel, the steering column cover and the fuse box out of it! Turns out I ( finally) remembered the Air Fuses in the back Column. Took the cover off & the Fusible Link was Fried !!! I bought one at flaps & it seems to be working good. I'll get a guinuwine VW replacement in the morning. I was running the AC on #4 & I guess it was just too much for the system to handle. Could be the initial fuse on the battery (20amp) is just too small to deliver the juice? But then, it would have blown? Any further input appreciated !! thanks, John C...