Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Jul 2006 10:11:33 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jr.arnott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Continued, repeated messages from L-Soft server
Comments: To: Tom Forhan <fourwdvw@YAHOO.COM>
Comments: cc: Tom Carrington <tcarrington@relitech.com>

Here's the current status:

I am 'moderating' the list. That means that I'm responsible for approving requests to join the list, helping folks get off the list, watching for spammers and in general, trying to keep an orderly house.

The list server, gerry, is still in Tom's hands and he's responsible for the care and feeding of the hardware and software.

I too am receiving the semi-frequent odd message from gerry. I occasionally receive both the rejected posting message and the welcome to the list message. I believe that the welcome message comes to those with admin privilege whenever a user is added. The rejected posting message appears to be a 'bug' that I'm sure Tom will deal with when he has time. (He does have a very full plate these days.)

While I probably have sufficient access to deal with the problem, I do not have the required knowledge and having lived with about 50 servers for the past three or four years, I'm loath to go mucking around with a functioning system that I have limited knowledge of. Too easy to REALLY break things....

So for now, just delete and move on. We're aware of the problem and will deal with it as time permits.

Jim Arnott