Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:28:56 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: How do you paint lots of bolts,efficently?

Thanks,all. Yes, I have tried painting bolts before. Variable success. I am going to try using POR15, this time. The advertisment shows a pipe being hit repetedly with a hammer, and not a single scratch. The paint is a very thin coating, but I am sure it is not as thin as cadmimum. Cadimimum is causing a problem with clearence too,huh? I guess I can always paint washers and not have a problem.Stainless steel seems the way to go. I remember a place listed on this vanagon list called Bolt Depot(no relation).

I just almost got my vanagon totaled as few minutes ago. The stop light I was at had just turned green and the traffic started off. We were all going about 30mph. Somebody ,perpendicular to us, shot into this traffic (with me in it),from a parking lot, and almost hit many cars.all at once. I would have been first to get crushed. I think he floored it to get moving.He came ozcross 2 lanes of traffic and started his turn.I thought I would get it big time, and be pushed into other cars. I swerved and braked as much as I could,and dont know how he missed us.I swear it should have been a disaster area.Very glad I am above most of the traffic, in my Vanagon.

Well, this guy didnt hit anyone. All the traffic continued on, but me.I pulled over and checked for damage.Amazing, nothing.One can have damage and not feel it. Very strange situation. This guy turned back into a parking lot, on the same side of the road that he pulled out of,50 feet from where he had first pulled out of.Doesnt make sence. Like stalking for Jesus.Imagin., flooring it into a pack of traffic, and then turning back off the road in 50 ft,and be gone.