Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:34:20 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Problems with shipping, vendor
Comments: cc: Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>

> I personally have never had a freight damage issue with my > vanagon parts orders, my issue has been with one vendors > policies on shipping. Earlier this year I placed orders on > the same day with two different vendors and requested to use > my own UPS account number, one said sure no problem. The > other first said it was against their owners policy... There is no > legitimate reason that I can think of for them to not allow > me to use my UPS account number

Actually there IS a legitimate reason. I'm not sure if it is us you are talking about, but if not it could have been, as I do have a policy of not billing shipping to other peoples' shipper accounts. This is due to having being burned by people who either provided UPS account numbers that they were not authorized to use (i.e. their employer's account number, unbeknownst to their employer), or provided correct ones but then didn't pay the invoice. In each case the shippers eventually billed us when they couldn't collect from the recipient. In the latter case I refused to pay, feeling that if their customer wouldn't pay their bill, this was not my fault. The shipping company responded by reporting me (and I presume him as well) to the credit bureau, costing me hours of time clearing my credit rating over a bill that should not have been mine to begin with. So the policy is not because I want to be difficult, but because of a few bad apples. That said, I'll also point out that most internet retailers have a policy against billing shipping to other account numbers, probably for this very reason, so our policy is not by any means unusual.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT