Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:26:43 -0700
From:         David Richoux <tubaman@TUBATOAST.COM>
Subject:      For Sale:83.5 Westy Vanagon Low Miles , One Owner

Hi All,

I have been on and off this list for many years and have been a Vanagon Westy owner since I bought my 83.5 Waterboxer Westy new. I am moving to a location with too few parking spaces and I need to sell my Westy.

I have posted an ad at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=336023 if you want to see some pictures.

1983.5 Westfalia Vanagon, clean and functional. Standard (Clutch) transmission. Mileage 81366. One Owner, well-loved and well-used.

Mechanically sound, body good, paint fair (VW Light Yellow ) California vehicle. Camper components in working order (see notes below.) Brown/Blue/ Beige stripe fabric. All original curtains, back hatch screen. Installed Extras: Shade-Boy blue awning, Kenwood AM/FM radio and multi-disc CD player, aux battery & charging circuit, Ungo alarm system, Class 1(Fixed) frame mounted trailer hitch, hatch top vent / window, 12v fans on dash and upper rear cabinet.

Sold as-is, asking $9500

Details: * Recently passed CA smog test, and all systems are working. Catalytic Converter recently replaced. * Strong 1.9L gas engine. Pistons/Liners/Heads rebuilt by VW at 38k, no big problems since rebuild. * Good brakes. * Standard 4 speed trans, clutch works great. * Tires in fair condition, still a lot of tread left. Rear tires and Full Size Spare due to be replaced soon. * Shocks OK (replaced at about 70K miles) * Stock Camper stove, water system, beds, fridge in working order (Fridge a bit flaky, just like when new ;-) * Front and Camper area carpet mats in new condition. * Yakima Roof Rack and Mounting Points installed. (great for kayak(s)) * Some new spare parts included. * Small Porta-Potty included. (Fits under Rear Seat) * Most repair documents available. Vehicle has been well maintained and repaired. * Bentley repair manual and original Owners & Camper manuals included.

Minor issues: * dashboard clock does not illuminate properly, no known fix (the clock usually does not work anyway - normal for this vehicle.) * Driver side front mud flap, Driver and Passenger door window cranks need replacing. * Gutter rail exterior trim pieces need replacing. * Window rubber okay for now, but showing signs of age. * Right rear wheel "fender" panel was replaced back in 1989, paint now lifting in small areas around weld. * Some interior surface trim (vinyl "wallpaper") has delaminated inside several cupboards and on some walls. * Pop-top works, but front window screen and flap zippers need replacement. I replaced the pop-top rubber perimeter gaskets a few years ago. * Fridge missing shelves. . I am located in the San Francisco/San Jose CA area. Please e-mail off list with any questions.

thanks,

Dave Richoux