Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:27:59 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Request for Design ideas - VW Campground Reviews

Volks,

I'm very close to announcing a new user review page on www.roadhaus.com

VW BUS / VAN / EUROVAN & RIALTA Campground Reviews.

Thanks to your User Submitted VW Shop Reviews .. You created a very useful tool.

I would like to do the same with Campground Reviews, that addresses the preferences of VW Campers.

We "sometimes" tend to look for different requirements than our RV friends.

This will be a "Password Protected" page that will be available to the VW Community.

The general "Internet Browsing Public" will not have access.

Why control access .. many of us have "Special Campsites" that we would be willing to share within our VW community", but prefer to keep from being overrun by the general public.

I have spent a fair amount of time working on this project and think I have most of the requirements worked out and a functioning prototype.

But I would like one last round of suggestions from the folks that would use the tool.

Please send me your ideas on what should be included in the Campground Review Form.

What kind of things are important to you when looking for the ideal campsite.

Whether a short weekend trip or a major cross country jaunt.

The intent is to cover a full range of camping options. Everything from the 4 wheel drive access remote site to the feature laden WiFi enabled luxury site. From free camping to expensive camping. From BLM & Forest Dispersed Camping to those requiring reservations months ahead of time.

The goal is to make this as successful as the VW Shops page.

good road, good adventure, good life, larry chase www.roadhaus.com soon to be roadhaus.org