Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:10:25 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Code Red Air? (NVC)

Sam referred to the 'chemical composition of the air'- so that's what I was thinking about.

Dehydration is an every day fact of life around here, even in winter. Just because it's cool it doesn't mean the air isn't sucking you dry- even if you're not sweating. I still have to remind my wife (a native of Nova Scotia) and even my brother and stepfather to drink water regularly whether they think they need it right then or not. Of course the high water consumption means you have to be concerned with the water-depleted nutritional components... it's a whole vicious circle in a way.

I blew out a tire on my utility trailer yesterday on the way to the dump. When I picked up the piece that was out in the road, it was so hot I couldn't hold it... So there I was at about 16:00, the hottest part of the day (115), on the asphalt on the shoulder of the road changing that damn tire. I probably looked like a bug on a griddle. Some kind soul actually stopped and gave me a Pepsi out of a cooler. I hate Pepsi. After I rubbed the can all over my forehead and neck I knocked it out in two swallows. : ) (I actually had some water in the van, tho.)

I agree with you about the camping, etc. However it's even over 100 in the some areas of the nearby mountains. Sometimes I hate this place. On the other hand you can 'cue on your porch in January in shorts and t-shirt, so it's all a trade off.

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Brennan" <kimbrennan@MAC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:29 PM Subject: Re: Code Red Air? (NVC)