Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:03:30 -0400
From:         Helena Troy <lacewingfairy@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      where do the best vanagons come from?

I have returned to the fold after attempting for 3 years to drive a toyota sienna minivan. It f'n sucked, although it was reliable and did get me where I was going. No one pulled out in front of me because they thought I had no balls/pickup, but for god sake I was driving a MINIVAN. yes, i could merge in traffic and I appreciated those extra cyllinders, it even had the power sliding doors. well slit my wrists and call me housewife, but it was no Vanagon.The kids were climbing over eachother to get to the back seat, where was I supposed to put all my STUFF?? what about when I get sleepy on the turnpike? Call that a recline in that front seat?? No way!!!I promise I will be loyal no matter how many problems I find on a regular oil change. No matter HOW hard it is to find tires I will not let my Wolfsburg/Carat go. Thats what I want btw... jic you want to pelt me with offers for your snazzy 1988-1991 wolfy/carat. And I swear no one but Ken W will ever do the mechanicals. I will drive the extra 40 miles to have it done right.Ok. so where do the best vanagons come from? I was thinking that the vintage planes all live in the desert. They dont age, perse, but dont their hoses and things get baked? But no rust, is that really a benefit? What about something that drove in the mountains all the time, or was a weekend camping warrior? What is the best combination of living/driving for the discerning purchaser to get?Oh and price. I have seen all kinds of $2000 vanagons from dealers who dont know of the vana-magic, but obviously there is no way to know of the up keep. But there is the van lover who is willing to part with their BABY for no less than $7000. How to decide? Sure if you have just dropped a subaru engine in there, ok, I get that, but how can people with a straight face ask for such high prices for an original engine with a billion miles on it?Returning home.(but getting a back up Toyota wagon, for those special down times with my new Wolfy)lacewingkatie@gmail.com _________________________________________________________________ Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care about in one place. http://www.live.com/getstarted