Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jul 2006 04:23:36 -0700
From:         John Lane <westy_cruisin@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: FIXED; 1.9 won't start
Comments: To: Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

Yaknow...you speak a truth here....I came to own my Westy because the previous owner could not solve the same problem. IB was in the shop for 3 months, being used by one of their mechanix as a daily driver with the hope they could solve the problem by driving her every day to figure out the problem. This was a VW shop to boot. By the time I got her, the timing was all screwed up, the throttle body switches were all screwed up..nothing was right, back yard mechanix (if you want to call them that) at it worst. The owner gave up and sold her to me for REAL CHEAP cause he just got fed up. The VW shop had screwed her up so bad that I had to fix everything else before I could even begin trying to diagnose the real problem. Turned out to be the T2...and she has run well since.

John

----- Original Message ---- From: Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 2:20:30 AM Subject: FIXED; 1.9 won't start

I got several good replies on this, thank you all. I started to look at the Temp II sensor, changed it and now it works well. Amaizing how a little item can ruin the experience of owning a vehicle and make it a total guess what can be amiss. The failure has instantly kept the car off the roads and there was no guarrantee it will work soon. But thanks to the quick fix, it is going well now. The list has fixed it really. Thank you all. Zoltan