Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:17:18 -0400
From:         Julianna Thoennes <mumbrue@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Leaky Rastafalia
Comments: To: WetWesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          GOVW <GoodOleVolksWest@yahoogroups.com>

45 minutes out from Omaha Nebraska we seem to have a high pressure hose leak. Darn it! Its leaking up front on the driver side, from the smaller of the two hoses at the metal connection. I think its just losing water when its under pressure. It stops dripping moments after the van stops running. My husband keeps trying to tell me its not leaking while we are driving, and keeps arguing with me about it. Grrrr! I just put pictures up on the wetwesties yahoogroups.com photos section of where its leaking. I don't have much experience with the radiator hoses up front. I did replace the radiator a couple of years ago though. I had some coolant hoses up front replaced about 5 or so years ago. I am assuming I can still drive as long as I keep close watch on the coolant level every time we stop. We literally stop at least once every hour to two hours. Of course keeping an eye on the temperature light. My husband is pissed at the situation. I keep telling him, yes, we have a new engine, but there are lots of things that are still old. Fuel to hate VW's more unfortunately. :( Is there any VW shops, or VW guys in Nebraska close to I 80??? My cell is 541-231-4383

Julianna 1990 VW Vanagon Westfalia with Tiico Conversion (The Rastfalia)