Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:57:30 -0400
From:         robert shawn feller <carboncow@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: how to attach VDO water temp?
Comments: To: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@hotmail.com>

are you talking oil or water for the sender on the 2.1L? I know many have done the duel on oil pressure, but I'm trying to get an accurate water temp too.

thanks for the info. I contacted those guys (egauges) before and they referred me to VDO who although was very nice in their attempt to help, could not offer me the proper solutions! When I told VDO I wanted a sender that would work with their aftermarket gauge and my dash they asked what my dash gauge (current factory) model was. I could not find the model inside nor could anyone on the list help. I try egauges.com again.

A friend (porsche guy and engineer) said all German cars work on the same ohm ranger for water and oil temp senders. I doubt he is correct as VDO sent me a guide with about 20 different range specs of their products for 20 auto applications.

Someone on this list has done this in the last 10 years, I know it! Where are you with specific answers!?!?

Shawn

On 7/23/06, Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@hotmail.com> wrote: > > Eguages.com <http://eguages.com/> will know exactly what you need. Couple > examples of dual and > single senders at the links. > http://www.egauges.com/vdo_send.asp?Sender=100-240F_US > http://www.egauges.com/vdo_send.asp?Sender=250F_120C > > I got my oil pressure/temp and water temp gauges and senders there. > IIRC water temp parts/P/N's: > Temp gauge 250F #310-710 > Sender 250F/120C 1/8-27 NPT spade terminal #323-095 > > Mine didn't go on a 2.1, rather TIICO with aux. oil cooler, which uses an > adapter plate that had 2 "holes" for senders. IIRC, the 2.1 has one hole > that you can put a sender in, either dual or single? > > Bob > Egauges Contact: > Phone: 1-800-303-6211 (517-625-1884 outside the U.S.) > Hours: Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm ET / > Saturday: 9am-2pm ET. > > > > anyone got a link for a VDO gauge/sender combo that fits the 2.1L. was > > searching achieves and having a heck of time find the "follow ups" in > the > > achieves on a given question. someone there mentioned a duel sender so > the > > dash gauge and external vdo could both work but found no replies for the > > source. > > > > -- > > shawn feller > > > > www.carboncow.net > > www.carboncow.com > > >