Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:19:10 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Re:[Q] What is the value for the std. required R12
              fill ?
Comments: To: robert shawn feller <carboncow@GMAIL.COM>

Actually, the temp marking on the pressure gauges indicate the coil, not vent temperatures. Although they are related, depending on system operation and air speed, they are not the same. While gauges are useful and even nescasary for diagnosing a refrigeration system, they should not be the only tool used for filling. There are too many variables.

The proper way to fill a system, is to completely evacuate the refrigerant. If you really want to do things right, you charge it with nitirogen and make sure it hold pressure for some period of time. Then you evacuate it, put i under vacuum, and fill it by weight with the proper amount of refrigarent. Then you start the system and using the gauges, and thermometer, see that it is working properly.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: robert shawn feller <carboncow@GMAIL.COM> Date: Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:54 am Subject: Re: [Syncro] Re:[Q] What is the value for the std. required R12 fill ?