Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Jul 2006 19:57:07 -0600
From:         David Johnson <davidj@ELPASOTEL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Killed my dash lights..
Comments: To: obeechi@RUNBOX.COM

Ok, bear in mind that I am by no means an expert here, but the one thought that came to mind was that somehow you managed to disconnect or otherwise affect the ground for the whole dash wiring system. At risk of stating the obvious - electricity only works because the electrons have a place to flow to, which is the ground. Since from my somewhat preliminary explorations under the Vanagon dash, it sure looks like most of that circuit all ties together on one ground line somehow. But, alas, I do not know what wires to tell you to go hunting for, by color or location.

Maybe with a simple volt meter, start working your way back from light to light towards the fuse panel, and see what you find.

Probably not a lot of help, but it was a thought. David.