Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:08:00 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@WHISPLLC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Revise - Computer Resetting?
Comments: To: "mwstebbins@yahoo.com" <mwstebbins@yahoo.com>

Im Sorry. With the bad description. It runs ok I just wanted to know if it reset or needed to Learn or if it was just a input output kinda thing. I found broken wire inside the insulation on the plug to the temp 2 sensor and replaced the plug. have a perfect connection from the ecu plug to the sensor now. I do have about 1 ohm higher per injector then the bentley states. Bentley says 16-16.4 I have about 17.4 ohms per injector. My fluke is tempermental and usually has a 1 ohm deviation so im not to concerned. The van still acts as if it has an air leak but i cant seem to find one anywhere. the fumes from the hot engine and the carb cleaner is enough to kill me. How many turns out on the air bypass screw would you think it would need to make 850 rpm? if i turn this one anymore it just may fall out.

Problem I still have is when at idle just sitting at temp rad fan has cycled and all is good. you press on the gas and it just sits there with no power back fires, burps, farts and then runs up the rpm. What the hell. this is only when sitting at idle at full temp. I just dont know what to do. This was an issue before and after this motor was removed and installed. So i Really dont think the motor is the issue. It just loads up at idle ive adjusted and tweeked everything under the sun. Ive played with alot of 1.9s and not had any issue. this one of course is mine and cant make it do what i want. Its got to be something simple and stupid Just cant put my finger on it. Temp 2 sensor is fine but for fun may pick one up and swap out for a back up. hall and idle box are next for testing. If i remember right the idle box if bad the motor wont run at all. the Hall thing im not sure what it does or how it needs to work but i will be going through the bentley on that one next. Did the oil change and timed it ran fair not fantastic just fair. not taken for a spin yet may do tonight for fun.