Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:18:44 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Different Gas Gauge Question

Here's an interesting doohickey:

http://www.cruzpro.com/fu30.html

I came across this while trying to find a different doohickey of which I don't know the name... It seems to me I once heard of, or saw, a fuel sender that worked on pressure, as opposed to a float. It would be in the line at the outlet of the tank. The more fuel in the tank, the more pressure in the line and the higher the reading, etc. However it seems like something like that wouldn't work as effectively on a system like the Vanagon where the pressures in the tank are affected by the fuel pump and the venting and emission systems.

Anybody have any idea?

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Wellhouse" <maxjoyce@IPA.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 9:23 AM Subject: Re: Different Gas Gauge Question