Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:44:06 -0700
From:         John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: holy tire kicking!
Comments: To: robert shawn feller <carboncow@gmail.com>

> As of today two days into a 10 day auction I have 64 "watchers" on the > ebay list and have received over 32 questions (or comments!) including > a few from thesamba.com... > > with that much interest how could one not get top dollar! but we'll > have to wait and see and I think 90% of those interested are lurkers!

FWIW, I'm one of those jerks who "watches" most every Vanagon sold, but doesn't even have a spare parking space, much less the money for another one. I'm sure there are many like me...

> > one thing I have learned from this experience is people cannot read > detailed copy well, are rude with opinions when they have no desire to > buy and those who have a desire to buy are willing to offer > ridiculously low money hoping a personal reason will help sway > opinion...

Does the Thule box come with it? What's with all that chipped paint on the nose? Does the AC work? I don't want to buy, but I think you're asking way too much. Too many modifications. You DO know that even a Sycro Westy is only worth $6000 if it's not stock, so your price is totally unrealistic. But I might be persuaded to buy if the price was right. Would you consider ending the auction early and letting me have it in trade for $600 and an old Plymouth K car with no engine or wheels?

Fun, isn't it? ;)

-- John Bange '90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger"