Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:06:40 -0700
From:         Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@CYBERTRAILS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 15" Wheels/Tires

The Bus Depot wrote:

> ...on a Westy, possibly make it too tall to fit in some home and > parking garages.

Geez, I really hadn't thought of that. I prefer the 14" because much of my driving is on mountian roads where high speed is not important and gearing is -- but since I can only squeeze the Westy into the garage with an eighth inch to spare Ron's point settles it for me.

More anecdotal evidence -- been thru about 6 sets of tires over the past 20 years and which tires I used made a huge difference in the ride & handling. All were correctly rated light truck tires but one brand/size seems to me clearly the better tire.

Geo H

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/404 - Release Date: 7/31/2006