Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:07:51 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: propane valve -- manual or autostop?
Comments: To: Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>

This is exactly how ours failed. First camping trip this spring the stove would not light, I checked and found the tank to be empty. Had it filled and it immediately started leaking out the side of the Auto-stop valve. We pulled away from the filling station and sat there until it was empty. Thankfully there was a breeze blowing, we opened all windows, popped the top and opened the stove valves to speed up the process. It took a while for the tank to empty but waiting is better then burning up the van on an empty stretch of highway, or anywhere else.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET> Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2006 7:35 pm Subject: Re: propane valve -- manual or autostop? To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM