Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:34:59 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: heater valve
Comments: To: Ron Mueller <wasserbox@MSN.COM>

Or even the outbound hose. Both hoses are easy to access under the van near the sliding door. Putting a valve there is easy and might make sense for a master valve that gets turned on/off only seasonally. Personally I consider this type of "fix" to be butchery. The stock valve does not cost much. Make sure that any new one you buy closes all the way. If you can blow any air though it at all when closed, refuse it. I have had a bad batch of new ones that did not seal completely and later got worse all too soon.

Mark