Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Aug 2006 09:13:33 -0400
From:         Justin Mayrand <jmayrand@METROCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Air cooled stock gas heater/exhaust heater questions (longish)
Comments: To: neil <goofymuso@YAHOO.CA>

Ok, roughly,

My BA6 still works, so I have not removed it,but my manifold hetaer boxes are all rotted out. I just capped the ends of the heater boxes, but some hi-temp tubing pointing out the back would probably help it run cooler (Private planes use a special hi-temp flexible tubing from the muffler to the cabin heating system, this stuff may be able to take the heat). Actually, removing the heat exchangers all together may be what I'll do, as they are no longer needed, and not usable anyways.

You have a small fuel pump and a few electrical connections for the BA6 (safety switches) that will have to be secured, and you may want to pull the fuse/cut the circuit breaker for the BA6 as well to keep the fuel pump off (or just pull it and cap the line, it is drawn off of the fuel yank before the engine pump, so it is under low gravity pressure).

Hope this helps. ...JMM

Justin M. Mayrand 1980 Westy "SuperVan"