Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:51:41 -0400
From:         David Milo <dellaone@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: drip
Comments: To: Maggie Dew <wildebus@gmail.com>

Hmm,

I know exactly which snap you are talking about, after recently being there with mine.

If you have a rear window wiper / washer, I would suggest that you inspect the rubber tube that runs between the body to the upper right top of the rear hatch (the wiper motor wires and washer fluid hose are inside).

Mine was totally perished from age, and would allow water to enter both the van and the rear hatch.

I ginned up a replacement using rubber hose and RTV to seal the ends until I can obtain a VW replacement.

Also, check to make sure that there is no debris laying in the gutter (forward of the seal) blocking water drainage.

Stay dry,

Dave

On 8/5/06, Maggie Dew <wildebus@gmail.com> wrote: > > I meant to say the snap for the Westy's back *screen*, not the curtain. > And I did run the AC yesterday morning, but not in the afternoon. You > might > be right about the AC drain tube. I recently got the AC working and > haven't > used it for long. > > Thanks, > Maggie >