Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:51:32 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tire Pressure With Different Tire Types - A question for
              Dennis Haynes
Comments: To: Agent99 <email99@BELLSOUTH.NET>

The Fun Bus is currently running Goodyear Wrangler HP's. I am very happy with them. I run ~36 psi front and 41 psi rear. Same as sticker recommendation for the 205/70-14 reinforced jokes the van came with. My other van had the BF Goodrich traction TA. A bit noisy and not as good rain grip. I sold those tires and wheels though as I needed money and I was offered what I paid. That van rarely goes on trips so the tires were overkill.

The Wranglers wore well except for the right front. They are a bit pricey. That size has a lot of capacity. I don't see the need for increasing pressure unless you are at the verge of overloading. As a "B" standard passenger tire, the full capacity is reached at 35 psi. The extra is for handling and rolling resistance.

Dennis